My Helicopter Ride!

In June, my brother Finn and I bought my Dad a helicopter ride for his birthday.  On December 8th we finally got to go!

It was a beautiful sunny day, perfect for a helicopter ride.  We had to wear a life vest and listen to a safety demonstration before we went in the helicopter.  Then we climbed aboard.  I sat in the front and my Dad in the back seat.  It took ages for us to take off as the pilot had to teach us more safety things.  Then we were off over Eastern Beach.  I saw the Giant ferris wheel, the pier, the boats and lots of water.  It was a quick flight but very exciting.

My Helicopter Ride Over Eastern Beach on PhotoPeach

Have you ever been on a helicopter ride?

If you could go anywhere on a helicopter where would you go?

12 thoughts on “My Helicopter Ride!

1. Dear Amelie,

This is a wonderful presentation of your helicopter ride. thank you for sharing.

Yes, I have been on helicopter rides. In New Zealand, I’ve skimmed across mountain tops and dived into valleys. In Hawaii, I flown in one over a volcano and seen lava flowing below. They’re a great way to go on a tour or a flight for fun.

Where in a helicopter? We would never be allowed but what an idea it would be to fly in one under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. 🙂

With the school year coming to an end, I’d like to wish you and all your class a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I hope you enjoy your new class in 2012.

Ross Mannell (teacher)
    NSW, Australia

• Dear Ross,

Thanks for visiting my blog. Wow, flying in a helicopter over a volcano would have been very scary but amazing. I would love to do that! Flying a helicopter under the Sydney harbour bridge is a great idea. I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year.

Amelie 🙂

2. Dear Amelie,

Well done on making your first PhotoPeach. It looks like you and your mum figured it out!

I have never been on a helicopter but it looks like a lot of fun.

Was it very noisy in the helicopter?

I’m sure this is a special memory that you will remember for a long time!

Your teacher,
    Mrs M☀rris

• Dear Mrs Morris,

Thanks for for your comment. Yes, it was very noisy in the helicopter but I had earphones on to hide some of the noise and so the pilot could talk to us.

Amelie

• Hi Grandma,

Thank you for checking out my blog. Glad you liked it. We went up VERY high and did have a fantastic view. Maybe next time you might like to go too.

Love Amelie

• Hi Gran,

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Would you like to go on a helicopter ride? Where would you go?

Love Amelie

• Hi Alana,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I love your sparkly writing on your christmas blog post. I hope you have a nice christmas and santa brings you lots of good things.

Love Amelie

3. dear amelie
    WOW!!!!!! A HELICOPTER RIDE SOUNDS REALLY FUN
    WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE PART ?
    HOW WAS THE VIEW?
    WHAT DID YOU SEE ON THE TRIP?

I WISH I WAS THERE
    MERRY CHRISTMAS BYE

• Dear Indiah,

My favourite part was when I went up high and turned around very fast.
      the view was very nice, I would even say spectacular!
      On the trip I saw the giant ferrist Wheel, lots of boats and hundreds of people.

Thankyou for leaving a comment.

Merry Christmas,
      Amelie