My Christmas Ballet Performance

At Christmas time I was lucky enough to be chosen to do a special ballet performance at the Barrabool Hills Christmas Carols.  It was on the side of a hill and very very windy.  It was really hard to dance in all that wind as I am only used to dancing inside.    We had special tutus and head pieces and had to have our hair done in a special way.  We got to have lots of sparkly hairspray too.  It was fun to dress up and dance for everyone and I really enjoyed performing for the people at the Christmas Carols.

Here is a photo of me and my friend Rebecca after the performance. We had to wear blankets and our jumpers as it was a cold wind but we took them off when we performed.

Amelie & Rebecca

Here is a video of some our performance.  It only shows a little bit as people kept walking in front of the camera. I am the one dancing in the middle.

Have you ever performed in a concert?

Have you ever been to a Ballet performance?

4 thoughts on “My Christmas Ballet Performance

1. Dear Amelie,

Well done on your wonderful performance. I liked watching the video! Well done for uploading your video to Vimeo!

I hope you don’t mind, I logged into your dashboard and deleted the writing under the video that had your last name. It’s best not to put your last name on your blog 😆

Your outfit and hair looked beautiful. You looked like a real professional!

When I was at school I used to do drama classes. We had lots of concerts where we did plays and other performances. It was a lot of fun. When you are in grade three, you will do the school concert!

I hope you’re enjoying the holidays.

Best wishes,
    Mrs M☀rris

• Dear Mrs M☀rris,

Thanks for your comment. Thanks also for removing my name from the video I didn’t realise it did that. I saw you have created a new 4KM & 4KJ blog. They will have so much fun blogging next year.

Enjoy what is left of the holidays!
      Amelie

2. Dear Amelie,

This is a wonderful post, Amelie. It reminds me so much of my niece, Tara, who learnt ballet as she grew. She eventually qualified as a ballet teacher but this year will be entering NIDA (National Institute of Dramatic Arts) to study costuming as she hopes to design costumes for theatre and ballet.

I have never performed in a concert but I have been a backstage hand, props creator, and a lighting and sound engineer for school concerts over the years. Now, I’m mostly called in to film concerts in order to make DVDs. I always love the ballet and other dance segments yet I can’t dance myself. I never had the chance to learn when young.

I have been to a ballet performance as well as having seen them on TV. One time, I rewarded my wonderful class with a trip to a performance. I paid for their tickets and they paid their $1 bus fare. Only when we arrived did I tell them it was ballet. They returned to school after the show excited about what they had seen.

Keep up the dancing. I can see by your video how hard you try. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

• Dear Ross,

Thanks for your comment. Wow your niece must be a really good ballet dancer to be a qualified teacher. I want to be a ballet teacher one day too. She has done very well to get into NIDA. I hope she does well. I have only done one exam so far, but did really well.

I have seen a few ballet performances and have enjoyed them. It is hard to understand the story sometimes unless you already know it. Your class is very lucky to have been to see a performance. You must get to see lots of concerts when you are filming them.

I hope you are enjoying the summer holidays,
      Your blogging buddy
      Amelie