My Pool Party

I recently turned 8 and had a tropical themed pool party in our back yard. It was a nice sunny day but the wind was a bit cool. We played some pool games and I had a hula lady pinata. We all hit her hard but in the end we had to break her open to get to the lollies. I don’t like cake very much so I had some donuts and cupcakes as my birthday cake. It was so windy the candles kept blowing out! I had a great time and caught up with lots of friends from school and lots of family came too. It was so much fun I wish I could do it again!

Amelie’s Tropical Pool Party on PhotoPeach

8 thoughts on “My Pool Party

1. Dear Amelie,

I think a tropical pool party is a great idea for a summer birthday party. It may have been a bit windy but, from the photos, it looks as though you had a sunny day.

Cup cakes and donuts are a great alternative to a birthday cake. They look spectacular as well as tasty.

I hope you enjoy your last week of the holidays.

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

• Dear Ross,

Thanks for your comment. I had a great time and I am hoping that the sun keeps shining so we can all swim a bit more in the pool before school goes back. Last year we didn’t swim much as it was too cold. I will be going into grade 3 so I am very excited. Do you have any plans for the rest of the holidays?

Happy blogging,
      Amelie

2. Dear Amelie,

Happy birthday! It looks like you had lots of fun at your party. You are so lucky to have such a nice pool. I bet all of your friends had a fun day.

Not long now until school goes back, Amelie. How are you feeling about that?

I have been busy at school working on my new classroom.

Best wishes,
    Mrs M☀rris

• Dear Mrs M☀rris,

Thanks for your comment. Yes we all had a great day. I am a bit sad school is going back as holidays will be over but I am also looking forward to seeing all my friends from 2KM in our new grade 3. I miss our old grade, computers and sport. I am looking forward to NAPLAN too.

I hope your new students are well behaved and enjoy their time in your new classroom. Good luck teaching grade 4!

Enjoy your last few days of the holidays,
      Amelie

3. Hi Amelie! I really enjoyed your pool party and watching you and your friends having such a great time. Lots of interesting photos on your blog. I even found myself in two of them. Pity the strong wind kept blowing out your candles but we still sang ‘Happy Birthday’ really loudly for you.

4. Hi Amelie! I am commenting on your blog for a class I am taking at the University of South Alabama. I am very impressed by your blog and how you mix in pictures and slideshows in your posts. I could probably use a few of your ideas on my own blog! Keep up the good work!

• @ Justin,

thank you for commenting on my blog. I learnt how to take care of my blog last year. I am only grade 3.

Thank you again,
      Amelie