School Holidays

I am on school holidays at the moment and am having a quiet day at home.  Here I am with my dog Abby hanging out, playing my DS and watching DVD’s.  My brother is at day care and it is just us girls in front of the heater.  Brrrr it is cold outside!

Amelie & Abby June 2012

What do you do on a quiet day at home?

Does your pet join you?

4 thoughts on “School Holidays

1. Hello Amelie,

As you approach the end of your first week of holidays, it seems you’ve been having fun. Having the company of a pet you love can be fun.

A quiet day for me at home would often find me typing away on my computer. This school holiday break is a little busier as I am looking after two children while their mother is away.

At this point in time, I don’t have a pet but part of looking after my neighbour’s children includes looking after their pets. They have 5 chickens, 12 guinea pigs and a budgie.

I hope you enjoy the remainder of your holidays. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

• Dear Ross,

My dog only comes inside if she barks. Your neighbours must have lots of animals.

I use to have two guinea pigs and two rabbits and my friends had lots of guinea pigs. So we got one of their guinea pigs for a week. A few days after we gave it back my mum checked outside then came inside and told me that the guinea pigs had four babies but one did not survive. Me and my dad dug a hole put it the guinea pig in then covered it back up again.

It was nice sharing a story with you,
      Amelie

• Dear Amelie,

Guinea pigs are quick to have babies. The next door neighbour’s guinea pigs have five babies almost grown. When they have too many, they sell them to a local pet shop to make pocket money.

It is sad but sometimes baby guinea pigs don’t survive but that is a part of life. The fun is looking after the little ones and watching them grow.

Keep enjoying your holidays. 🙂

@RossMannell